My favorite movie 

I don´t have a single favorite movie because I´m continuously watching many movies and documentaries, but for years I swore myself that "The Hurricane" would be forever my favorite one. More than eight years ago, before a Christmas I was zapping on television and suddenly I came to a channel where they were showing this movie, at first, I wasn´t very interested and I thought that I would continue changing channels but for some reason I continued watching it and the story was so touching that I ended up crying nonstop.

The movie was based on the real story of an Afro-American boxer named Rubin “Hurricane” Carter, that was accused on 1966 for a triple murder and sentenced to spend the rest of his life in prison. It´s was a racist injustice, because there wasn´t real evidence that prove his guilty and at the same they weren't enough to incriminate him. 

He had to spend twenty years of his life in prison until many activists and people who supported and believed in his innocence, began to fight for a new trial. Finally, a new trial was opened and he was named innocent and set free.

I was very moved by this story and even now in a context of pandemic the virus of racism still present, I only hope that one day all the people put aside their differences and understand that the only truth is that we´re all human beings.




Comentarios

Publicar un comentario