A country I'd like to visit

Welcome everyone to my blog!

The country that I would like to visit is related to a childhood dream. When I was a child I loved to watch the documentaries on the History Channel and the National Geographic, especially those related to Egypt. It was amazing to see the images of the pyramids, the sarcophagi, the hieroglyphs and that endless desert so different from what I knew.

I could spend hours listening the stories about the lives of the pharaohs, about the City of the Dead, or about the largest library that ever existed in Alexandria. But, without a doubt, what caught my attention were the gods of that Ancient Egypt; their names, what they symbolized and how they were represented. That is how I became obsessed with the idea of one day being able to visit that country, I even wanted to be an archaeologist.

Over time I grew up and I forgot all that, but last summer at a family lunch my uncle asked me which country I would go to if I had the possibility to choose any one, and without thinking I thought about Egypt again. At that time, a Sky airline contest came out to travel to any part of the world, I entered with a friend, but unfortunately we didn´t win.

Besides now I know that Egypt is more than all that, it is a place where exist extreme poverty and where it´s leaders continually abuse their people, this actually was the reason for the massive protests in 2011, that expanded to other Arab countries and later it was called the Arab Spring. I also know that it isn´t a safe place, especially if you are a woman and you go alone.

But I don´t lose hope of being able to go one day and see with my own eyes what Egypt really is.






 

Comentarios

  1. History Channel and National Geographic are amazing! You never have to lose your hope to visit Egypt Javi, I really hope you can do it as soon as posible :)

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario