The first time I read Martín Caparrós was when I found a book by him called “Una luna” in my grandmother's house. The book was also described as a "hyper-travel diary", basically a travel chronicle enriched with data and corresponding information, but above all because of the author's own experience going through different places, in addition to a narrative game that was between the limit of nonfiction with fiction.
At that time I was in my last years of school and reading that book was an engine for me to decide to study journalism. Martín Caparrós is an Argentine journalist and writer who, when the dictatorship began in his country, went into exile in Europe where he developed much of his career. It is common in his work to find travel chronicles and fictional stories, what is interesting is his unique way of narrating, of connecting information with his thinking. For me, it was as if a window was opened that introduced me to a different journalism, risky because it means going out with what is on to see what there is to discover and what is worth being told.
I admit that at that time I became a little obsessed with the chronicle, I found it in its minute a novel genre that delivered that small or large share of adventure that I wanted to give to my profession. Over time I began to read other of his books, the funny thing: I could never finish reading any of them again. Finally, at the university I met other referents of journalism and over time I forgot about Caparrós ... until I wrote this blog.

I don't know him, but sound very interesting his work and I'll check it.
ResponderEliminarIt seems to be a good reading for the pandemic. Well achieved in the overall, progress on text structure. 7 pts
ResponderEliminarHis way of writing is wonderful!
ResponderEliminar